GARDEN ROUTE & ADDO ADVENTURE
FROM ZA R 21 550.00 PER PERSON SHARING
For those that are short on time and need to see destinations as best possible, this is the perfect add-on to a trip, taking you from Cape Town through to Gqeberha (Port Elizabeth) in four sight-seeing filled days. Stay over in Cape Agulhas before heading off to Oudtshoorn to see ostriches, Knysna to enjoy the lagoon and ending off in Addo, where you can enjoy a morning safari into the Addo nature reserve. You have a driver / guide who will get you where you need to be and also pass on years of knowledge of the area. Great for a couple or as a family, this is the perfect tour to add to any South African adventure
CAPE AGULHAS | Day 1
- Early morning departure with your guide from Cape Town heading along the scenic coastal road towards Cape Agulhas. Along the way, stop at Stony Point in Betty's Bay, where you can visit a colony of endangered African penguins. You can spend the afternoon in the seaside resort town of Hermanus, famous for hundreds of Southern Right Whales during the whale season (July to November) and many shops, restaurants and markets. In the afternoon continue to Cape Agulhas, the most southern tip of Africa, where we visit a viewpoint known as the “real” place where the Indian and Atlantic Oceans meet.
- Vehicle with driver / guide
- Stony Point Penguin Colony
CAPE AGULHAS | OUDTSHOORN | Day 2
- Travel to Oudtshoorn in the Little Karoo, known as the Ostrich Capital of the World, via the scenic and spectacular Route 62, which is South Africa’s longest wine route. You will be able to experience the subterranean beauty of the Cango Caves on a guided adventure tour, followed by a sampling of local wine & craft beer.
- Vehicle with Driver / Guide
- Standard Cango Caves Tour
- Wine and Craft Beer Tasting
OUDTSHOORN | KNYSNA | Day 3
- Continue over the spectacular Outeniqua Mountain pass where you will explore Wilderness National Park with some canoes.
- Enjoy an easy paddle up the Touw River through indigenous forest, enjoying the abundance of birdlife. After about 40 minutes, the canoes will be left for a 2km hike along a boardwalk which will take you to a lovely waterfall and rock pools. After the canoeing, head to the famous town of Knysna via the spectacular Lake District of the Garden Route. This up-market little town is filled with curios, restaurants and a waterfront, where you will be able to have lunch and do some shopping. After Knysna you will head to the Knysna Heads viewpoint for some spectacular views over Knysna River estuary and the Indian Ocean.
- Vehicle with Driver /Guide
KNYSNA | SUNDAYS RIVER VALLEY | Day 4
- After breakfast, you head off to the Tsitsikamma National Park. There is plenty of time for the adventure seekers among you to test their courage. It only takes a 30 minute walk to the suspension bridge for a breath-taking view into the abyss. Late afternoon the tour will leave the Garden Route for Big 5 country, Addo. En Stp en-route at Bloukrans Bridge to view the world’s highest bungee jump bridge (216 meters).
- Vehicle with Driver & Guide
- Tsitsikamma National Park
DEPARTURE | Day 5
- Spend the morning exploring Addo Elephant National Park during an exciting game drive. The famous 28,000 hectare National reserve is home to over 450 elephant and some Cape buffalo, lion, black rhino, warthog, zebra, eland, kudu, hartebeest and many more animals. The tour ends at Gqeberha (Port Elizabeth) Airport
- Vehicle with Driver / Guide
- Half Day Game Drive in Addo National Park
CAPE AGULHAS | OUDTSHOORN | KNYSNA | SUNDAYS RIVER VALLEY